Rev. Derwin D. Gipson, Pastor
St. Annie AME Church
Austin, Texas 78704
- Called to Preach in 1974 in the Central Texas Conference while
attending Allen Chapel AME Church, Taylor, Texas
Ordained a Deacon in 1977 by Bishop John Hurst Adams
Assigned to Pastor 1976 in the Central Texas Conference
Ordained an Elder in 1982 by Bishop Henry Wendell Murphy
Has served as Pastor in the North, Central, and West Texas
Hosted the 122nd Session of the West Texas
Annual Conference in 1993 at the completion of the
successful renovation of historic Paul Quinn AME Church in
- Rev. Gipson is the eighth child of fifteen children born
to his parents—John Willie Gipson, Jr. and Dorothy Sue Gipson.
- Husband of Deborah Ann Gipson; father of Driann and Derwin II
- Rev. Gipson is a preacher who is in constant communication with
- He believes in building people through encouraging the
recognition and utilization of gifts from God.
Comments and corrections may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.